Monday, June 15, 2009

Over It

Its official , I'm so over it. Yes, I'm referring to baseball. While I'm venting on that one, let me add lack of parenting to the list of things that I'm completely O.V.E.R. Andy's Tournaments have started, we finished the regular season in second place, so we are definitely sitting in a good spot. We played a team tonight that didn't win a single game during the entire season. The coaches, parents are completely and totally off the hook. At one point I wasn't sure we were playing baseball or football. Every call the umpires made had to be contested and dissected, they seriously got out the "rule" book to try and make the case that one of our players bunted incorrectly. Can we please just play the game? I hate hate hate games like that. We have crazy parents sitting in the bleachers screaming that our kids need to suck it up....uhh yeah... classy. The last sentence I'm referring to are Aaron's games. Which are actually 6-7 year old kids , coach pitch. Good Lord, if the parents are acting like complete morons, how do we expect the kids to play with good sportsmanship , and truly enjoy sports? The icing on the cake is that Andy is also playing a game or two with the next league up , the Warsaw team has had a few injuries and called up two players from Andy's normal league to play during their playoffs. Ohhh I can't wait to deal with double the crazies!!

Nextly... I just love using that word, not that I'm even sure its a word. I am utterly peeved that I allowed Alex to stay at his friends house for the night, and his friends mom decided to "go out" that night . She didn't get home until the wee hours of the morning, leaving Alex and his friend alone most of the night. I realize they only live a few doors down, and that they are 14. Would I have consented to this sleep over if I had known she was going to be gone? NO. I would like to think that Alex has a good head on his shoulders.. however, he is 14, hormone's out of control, and itching for independence. I need to mention that this town is full of unsupervised girls and all kinds of access to illegal substances . Enough said on that one. Am I being dramatic? I'd like to think not. I just expect adults to act with some shred of common sense , and decency . God help that little hussy of a mom if Alex had a seizure while on her watch.

OK, if you have actually finished reading this post, thank you for bearing with me while I went off the deep end of an empty swimming pool , hopefully my sanity will return at the end of the baseball season.

No comments: