Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Solid 5

I thought that when my boys were babies and needed to be fed at night , diaper changed, or rocked ,that it was exhausting. I remember collapsing into bed and sleep would take over. I anticipated the years where they would sleep through the night , and I would get that glorious night of sleep, just thinking about it was complete euphoria! Fast forward a few years and I would give anything to "just" have to get up at night to feed the baby or change a diaper. Now more then ever, sleep eludes me like a thief in the night. I find myself laying in bed , eyes wide open, mind racing into the next days schedule. Going over things I've forgotten . Feeling a rush of panic that my housework is so far behind . I listen for the faintest sound of a seizure creeping up on Alex. There isn't anything productive I'm doing during those wee hours of the night, our house is small and sounds carry, so all I would manage to do is wake up the entire household.
I know I don't function with all my cylinders running on the amount of sleep I get each night , I find myself making mistakes with the finances, appointments, work related things, even medications I have managed to mix up. This lack of sleep is wrecking havoc on me! Is a solid 5 hours of sleep asking for to much? I could have real potential with that much sleep under my belt!

No comments: