Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The not so good day...

There's a song ringing through my head - Daniel Powter- Bad Day. Its like I can hear it right now... it should have been playing there all day... The morning started out rough, Alex had a seizure while getting ready for school ... not a biggie , we have to deal with that at least weekly...still ... stressful ! I manage to get everyone to the appropriate places and head to work. I stopped for a quickie tanning session, since we will be beachfront in the next few weeks I've decided to "ready" myself. The helpful lady tells me after my 20 minutes of fake baking that , yes, those were new bulbs. I've been begging for a vat of aloe to roll in.
I get to work and everything is chaos. I work with some real winners! Not everyone, but people that think the state abbreviation NE must be New England, ummm... No. Lets try Nebraska! That's just a small dose of the duh moments . Lets just say I spent my day rerouting orders and fixing boo boos . Frustrating when your coworker is taking an order and thinks New England is a state. In the midst of the madness... my cell rings ... the principal of the elementary... is that ever really a good sign? it took me a minute to realize it , I think that was my first call ever from the principal . As it turns out my dear little Andy had made an offbeat comment that a little girl took home and told her mother, who in turn called Mr nice principal ,who then called me with concerns. I won't go into details since dear little Andy is a bit embarrassed . I'll just say he got caught up and said something he should not have, not realizing what he was really saying. I'm glad I was contacted at least!
So I get home from work at about 7 , remember that my dryer quit working yesterday and my amazingly handy hubby had not fixed it. No problem, I'll wash some clothes and they can hang to dry since the rain is moving out. WRONG. The washer is now broken with no obvious problem other than NOT working.
Its 7:30 ... that nagging little thought in my head starts ... dinner... ohhh right.! I make spaghetti with some texas toast -- while the toast is in the oven , I start gathering the "must wash" items for tomorrow . I come back to the kitchen ... HUGE GIGANTIC flames coming out of my oven. So what do I do? scream. loud. Which brings everyone into the kitchen including the dogs , small kitchen, big flames.... BAD.
After manhandling those flames, I was off to the laundromat . Joy , happiness and rapture. I decided I could do 2 loads and get through the next few days until hubby fixes whatever ails Mr dryer and Mrs washer. *Crossing my fingers that its something really stupid and simple*I don't know about everyone else but when I buy laundry detergent I buy the HUGE jugs , the kind that sit on their sides and weigh 100 pounds. We are big time laundry fans in this house! * note sarcasm * my point, I wasn't willing to drag that beast to the laundromat. I'm thinking they sell those cute small boxes of detergent . I can live with that. Except the machine is out of order. NICE. I ended up running across the street to a convenience store and buying a small bottle of detergent for a small fortune of course. On the plus side, I found 8 bucks while doing a load of jeans. It has just been one of those days. Crazy , Chaotic , Completely Neurotic. The forecast is calling for sunshine and I'm believing the next couple of days are going to be just that great. I am a believer ;o)

No comments: