Monday, March 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye



Today was one of the harder days of my life. Anyone who is a pet/animal lover knows what I'm referring to. Letting go of a dog is horrible! In the last week our big beautiful 110 pound black lab/Newfoundland mix dog was diagnosed with a very progressed stage of cancer. He quit eating, was gasping for air and could no longer walk. All within a week. He was 15 and lived a good life , we just weren't ready to say goodbye so suddenly. He thought of himself as one of the boys , riding in the go kart, playing in the creek with the boys, he tracked down ground hogs, went to the bus stop with the boys . He knew when it was bedtime. He really was one of our boys. We will all miss him immensely! I know I can't remember a day I've cried more tears in a long time! I wish I had him back for just one more day , that he could dig through our trash one more time, eat an entire package of bread, and snatch the pizza off the counter before we get to it. Our beloved Ranger will never be forgotten :(

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is so sad! We have a yellow lab and is one of my boys too!
If you still want to read my blog E-mail me and I'll invite you. Amandylynn77@aol.com

Anonymous said...

It's like someone removed your heart from your chest and took it away for a little while. It's crazy how pets can literally become our furry children. I think I cried for a week straight when we lost our Grace and our wallpaper on the computer is STILL her picture. I'm so sorry you lost your buddy. My heart hurts for you :(


---Nikki