Friday, March 13, 2009

The rest of the story...

Soooo here is how the week panned out. After taking Aaron to a REAL doctor , he had a severe ear infection . Hmmm ... how is POSSIBLE they could miss that in the ER? * note to self * never take children and / or adults to the Coshocton Emergency Room * .
I also took Alex out of school the last 2 days and scheduled a meeting with the superintendent and both principals of his Junior High for Monday afternoon. He won't be going back until there is some accountability and supervision . That means the other kids will not be bullying him, harassing him, and threatening him. Its crazy that a school would tolerate that . Interestingly enough I also found out that 2 other kids have been pulled out of school and have chosen to home school after having the same problems. I haven't ever had to think about home schooling, really its never crossed my mind. My kids have always enjoyed school , other then the homework of course ;o) I'm not sure I'm ready to say OK, I'll keep him home and school him. I don't want to just walk away and ignore the problem. If Alex is getting this kind of treatment from the other kids , that means there are others and probably LOTS of other kids enduring the same garbage, while the people we trust to watch over them and teach them are blatantly ignoring it. So its not just about Alex, its a bigger issue . Sometimes it seems like I'm beating a dead horse, but who else will fight for our kids if we won't?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really, what bigger job do we have for our children than to be their voice? You're doing an awesome job of standing up for your boy and for calling attention to a situation that sounds like it's past due for it.
It's ridiculous that in today's day and age, bullying exists so blatantly, in front of people who should be trained to catch it in it's fledgling stages.
Give me a break!
I completely feel where you're coming from and give you tons of kudos for standing up for your boy! Go, JoJo/Mama Bear :)
--Nikki

Mandy said...

From the time my kids were in kindergarten they have had a assembly with the whole school about being a bully and how to recognize one. My boys haven't had too many problems but they aren't in jr high either.
If we as parents don't stick up for our kids then who else is going to? Good Luck!
Oh yeah! Wooster hospital once told me that Brandon had an ear infection when it was really a stomache virus! Thank goodness for our family doctor!