Monday, February 9, 2009

velcro shoes

About a month ago we took the boys to a Columbus Blue Jackets hockey game. It was sitting there in the arena that I noticed the lady in front of me. She had a daughter about Alex's age , and she was wearing velcro tennis shoes. Admittedly I am weird. I get that. I fear those velcro tennis shoes. They weren't the cute little velcro shoes you can get, but full blown big white tennis shoes with velcro closures. I can see a decline in my own style , scary but true. I've been reduced to sweatshirts and yoga pants out of pure convenience ( I can see Stacy and Clinton cringe right now! ) Believe me I'm not a fashionista nor do I strive to be . Somehow I don't know how to be 33. Its like I'm stuck . I'm not ready for velcro tennis shoes, but I'm completely not willing to sacrifice comfort on any level anymore. I'm not liking my thirties at all.

No comments: