Monday, February 2, 2009

The Bleacher Screamers

I vow to never become one of those "people" at the kids sporting functions who screams out crazy words and accusses the refs of making bogus calls. Its like I enter a whole new realm when I go to a sporting event with any of the boys! Parents become beasts! These are the very same lovely people whom I do fund raising with, who can hold intelligent conversation , and have careers! What happens to them when the enter that gym or ball field?? I actually had an adult lady and I use the term loosley - mention as she walked by our seats tonight and say --Don't worry your team won't lose , the refs will help you--- ummmmm yeah she was pissy and hateful. In WHAT world is ever ok to act like that??its Junior High Basketball. Does anyone else get that? I guess its just one of those pet peeves of mine, be positive, be realistic, you win some , you lose some. Why is every sport sooooooo serious?? Yes, I think its important for them to play - their are some good lessons out there to be learned- however - who are the crazy parents screaming about unfairness - who and what are they helping out by being loud and obnoxious?? maybe I'm just an old prude, but please can't they just sit and watch the game and be positive ! We don't need to sugar coat the reality --- but we don't need to sit and yell negative foul words at the kids either! Yes my worst nightmare ... the high strung soccer mom who thinks she has the perfect offspring.... screeching over the noise that her kid needs to get the ****in ball and score some points cuz obvioulsy the other teammates are incapale. Now ... what kind of example is that to our sponge like teenagers?? ugh...I can never wrap my head around being a bleacher screamer.

No comments: