Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Vacation Time

So here it is, vacation time. I'm in denial. Sound weird? Usually I am packed, locked, and loaded . Not so much this year. I'm not sure what has changed since last year, my mind has gone haywire and I can't seem to organize a darn thing. We are leaving next Friday for North Carolina, this year its Topsail Beach, we normally head a little further south to Holden Beach ( my fave so far ). Although last year was an offbeat year we stayed on the 4x4 beaches in Corolla with the wild horses. It was about 10 miles up the beach in the sand to our house. Everyone should visit there at least once in their lives. Incredible. Back to this year though, I'm the biggest beach fan around. I draw the line at myrtle or Virginia beach. I'm not into crowded public beaches. For me , going to the beach is almost akin to a spiritual experience. I am able to feel something deep within my heart... where it feels so free and happy and to see something so vast that God has created, it is there that I don't feel I am ever alone... I feel whole. The wind in my face and hair just make me feel alive. No where else naturally... do I feel that alive. It really does mean that much to me.
The next step is to figure out how to get my ducks in a row ! I've got to do some laundry , sift through the droves of clean unfolded clothes and pack the troops up! I have a serious habit of over thinking things so I just need to jump in the fire! I'm going to have to ignore the next 8 baseball games and bowling leagues until I've got a handle on the insanity ;o)
Watch out --there is going to be a whole lotta crazy over here!

No comments: