Wednesday, May 13, 2009

4 Years Ago

Its hard to believe its been 4 years since we decided to move south. OK , not so far south, but in theory it feels like a whole different world. I still scratch my head and wonder how 60 miles can seem like crossing over in the twilight zone at times. So just for kicks I've decided to list the top 10 things I have noticed since moving 60 miles south.

  1. The word "home" is pronounced "HOUUME"
  2. "Washing" really means " WARSHING "
  3. Its perfectly normal to hear gun shots any hour of the day and its not a big deal...
  4. We are definitely out numbered by deer
  5. The post office and hardware still close for lunch time
  6. EVERYONE chews tobacco -- even the ladies
  7. If you wear anything other then jeans , people wonder what your up to
  8. Our town still has one of those old fashioned fire sirens, the first time I heard it I thought we were under enemy attack
  9. Frog gigging and bow fishing are common
  10. The only radio station I get in plays gospel, rap, rock, alternative, country, and hosts a two hour morning talk show where the locals call in and complain about EVERYTHING

These aren't necessarily the most important changes I've noticed , but they sure got my attention. Don't get me wrong, I would move all over again, we have met some incredible people, made many new friends, and this area is beautiful! People here are friendly, almost to a fault. Its good to live " in town" but have a backyard that goes into the woods and river . I think I might be getting spoiled by the small town life, and that's just fine with me ;o)

3 comments:

delilah said...

Where did you live before?

JoAnn said...

the bettter question is where didn't we live... Just Kidding, we were excellent movers until we landed here. Generally speaking we lived around Wooster.

Helena said...

Where are you living now!? I just assumed you were still near Wooster!