Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Parenting: the most challenging endeavor in one's lifetime

I've been accused of thinking to much, but I can't help but wonder... am I raising successful men? I suppose everyone has a different opinion of success, but I'm referring to something bigger then material wealth. Have I taught them the important things in life? Will they have compassion, patience, and love in their hearts? Have I set a good example? Have I inspired something bigger inside them? I am less then a year away from having a full fledged "adult" son, and two more not far behind. I feel the clock ticking away from me so fast, suddenly all of my shortcomings in "motherhood" seem to be amplified. I'm not oblivious to reality, I know they will not always make the best choices,and have plenty of hard lessons learned. When the smoke clears though, will they have a good solid foundation? Someone once told me, Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you
That is so true for me. Thinking about growing up, I remember what my parents did not what they said.
What a joyful/terrifying ride this is raising boys.

No comments: