Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lessons

Having taken a sizable pay cut when Doug left Luk, it was certainly eye opening to see the lifestyle we were used to, just disappear. Probably the hardest was seeing the boys struggle to accept our circumstances. I am still struggling. 2010 hasn't been easy, not even a little bit. Its certainly easy to tell who your real friends are when you hit hard times. I don't suppose it was a secret about our situation, I seem to wear my emotions on my sleeve. This year has been choc full of battles. We have fought with insurance companies, pharmaceuticals,Luk,letting go of our home, downsizing vehicles, giving up whatever material object necessary. This year turned up more medical problems with Alex than you can shake a stick at. Alex turned 16 and realized he wasn't getting his drivers license. This family has dealt with every emotion known to man. I am exhausted.
The wonderfulness of this , is that situations like this really bring you to your knees. Every negative I just mentioned can be justified with a positive. Its silly to get so involved in the negatives. What I appreciate the most is the giving nature of some people. Not even in the most obvious. Its the friends who saw that we were battling the drivers license and maybe we didn't need to hear that their son/daughter had passed the exam that day. The friends who just comforted us.
The people that are enjoying a prosperous season and building homes , buying cars, and traveling but recognize the struggle with us and ask how we are and truly care.I don't mean to sound rude but when Alex is in the hospital, I probably don't care about the kitchen cabinets your thinking of buying. To every time there is a season, although it may seem like a drought , my heart is full and I'm learning more each day about WHAT is important and WHO is important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I love you and I love the way you always find, in the depths of the ick, some sunshine in your life.
Biggest hugs to you and yours!!!
---Nix