Tuesday, June 1, 2010

yes! I am alive

Call off the search party... I'm alive and kickin! I haven't abandoned my blog completely ...just long enough to catch my breath. Things here have been beyond chaotic, tis the season I suppose. Andy and Aaron both have 2 baseball games per week, and Alex has his Bowling team and Guitar lessons every week. Over the past month we have been doing extensive testing on Alex , trying to unravel the puzzle ever more. For the last few years we were told he had an Autism spectrum disorder, finally they do the test of all tests on him -- called an ADOS test for those of you who might be thinking about it... I say do it. --- It opened our eyes on how, when and if he functions. I've taken him to Akron childrens once a week for nearly the last 2 months. I hate the drive but think the care and progress is worth the 80 mile one way drive. Today we were there for an updated EEG , I had 2 1/2 hours of people watching while he was testing and wow... there are some intresting people out there. Thankfully the starbucks was open inside the hospital. Now if something were to show up on the EEG I would thrilled, sometimes.. anything can be the missing link so I am hoping for a strike of luck !
We are also looking for another house, a one floor plan that will accomodate Alex a little better. These seizures show up and the darndest times with his age and size I need to have him under my nose as much as possible. He would often time seize and fall in the shower, or down the steps and it made us think perhaps one floor living will have to be for us. Doug has plans on building a triple bunk bed for them. SSSSHhh... dont tell them !! but its not a typical triple bunk set, much better!
I've kept them all sleeping together so the other boys can alert us if he should seize, these new improved beds might help :o) ]
I guess thats it, busy as usual these days.
So thats it, just plain busy in these parts of the woods.

No comments: