Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Forward Ho!

Things have been moving at an incredible pace at the Adkins household! After getting Aaron back on his feet, we have managed to resume life at a breakneck speed... Andy left last Saturday for his second beach vacation this summer, his friend Cole invited him to spend a week at the beach with the family, about a mile from where we went in early June. Needless to say I'm green with envy. Doug has gotten a wild hair up his hoo-hoo and purchased a Jeep, it needs help, but all the fellow Jeepers tell me that's the perfect kind to have... hmm.. last weekend we went to Tappan Lake with our friends and ended up tubing,boating and doing a little fishing. It was Alex's first experience on a tube... ohh I cannot believe I didn't have my camera .. it was priceless! Tomorrow I'm packing up Alex and Aaron to go on a trip to St Louis with my parents, and yes that leaves just Doug and myself here at the house. I gotta say ... that's kinda scary. I don't think we have been without all or at least some of the kids in .... 14 years? I've got PLANS for him... NO NO not that ... hopefully he will get our bedroom painted , carpet taken out and a new light fixture put in! hey... I can dream .. right?! side note --- school starts in 14ish days... I have nothing purchased . Serenity Now!

No comments: