Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Mrs.

With my time spread thin , I've had several thoughts lately. I'm not sure they are even coherent at this point. First, when I accepted that I can't do it all or have it all, it forced me to prioritize how I spend my time, who I give my energy to, what values I have and what direction I am headed. There are those people in life who literally suck the life out of others, the ones that are selfish ,persons that will take advantage of your generosity, ones you can't trust, people who constantly stir up trouble. There are others who are miserable in their own lives and won't change the situation they are in. While I don't believe in wearing all your emotions on your sleeve, I definitely believe there is something called being "authentic".
I know people who have shut themselves off to emotion , to humankind . That's not where I want to be,but I'm drawing the line . Its long overdue to start trimming the people and situations in my life that are toxic. I think I'm done playing "Mrs. Nice" , and I'm ready to be" Mrs. Show me some respect".

1 comment:

Helena said...

I've been feeling the same way lately. By the way, I'm a total overthinker as well. I've just bought a book which I heard is amazing, it's called "Women Who Think Too Much" (http://www.amazon.com/Women-Who-Think-Too-Much/dp/0805070184). I picked up the paperback copy for like 8 bucks. I'll let ya know what I think when I'm done with it. First I have to finish the last 80 or so pages of "New Moon." lol